clockwise: Martí Garçon, Greg Coates, Bryan Ward, Tom Hooper, Nick Phillips, Mark Crimmin, Carolin Kalff, Jakub Vaith, Samantha Lau, Wenyi Chen, Ryan Brown, Greg Baker, Richard Kong, Clare Bakewell, Alex Hicken.
Individual Contact Details
Previous Members - Destinations
- Shuhui Yow (2012-2013) - Royal Dutch Shell
- David Palomas (2013-2015) - Queen Mary University of London, teaching
- Andreas Phanopoulos (2015-2016) - JSPS Scholarship University of Tokyo, Nozaki group
- Olga Ekket (2013-2016)
- Adi E. Nako (2011-2014) - EPSRC Prize Fellowship; JSPS Scholarship Riken, Hou group; Research Associate Manchester University, Liddle group
- Michael Butler (2013-2017) - Academic in Residence (Chemistry), London Academy of Excellence
Mark R. Crimmin graduated from Imperial College London in 2004 and completed a MSc by research in organic synthesis at Bristol University under the supervision of Prof. Aggarwal. He received his PhD. in main group chemistry and catalysis from Imperial College London in 2008 supervised by Prof. Mike Hill (now at Bath) and Prof. Tony Barrett. In the same year, he was awarded a Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 research fellowship which he took to UC Berkeley to study with Prof. Bob Bergman. Here he contributed to projects in C-H functionalisation and metal dinitrosyl chemistry, work jointly supervised by Prof. Dean Toste. In 2011, he returned to London as a Royal Society University Research Fellow, initially at UCL and now back at Imperial.
Awards and Recognition
- Research fellowship from the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 (2008)
- Royal Society University Research Fellowship (2010)
- ERC Starting Grant (2015)
- RSC Harrison-Meldola Award (2017)
- 2018: Dalton Joint Meeting, Warwick.
- 2017: University of Bristol, Gordon Stone Symposium, 8th November
- 2017: University of Edinburgh, 3rd November
- 2017: University of Strathclyde, 2nd November
- 2017: University of Sussex, 11th October
- 2017: ICCE Training School, Erlangen - 5th & 6th September
- 2017: Agichem, Gottingen - 7th August
- 2017: University of Oxford, UK - 1st March
- 2017: University of Durham, UK - 22nd February
- 2016: MICRA, Bath.
- 2016: Rare Earths 2016 Sapporo, Japan.
- 2016: YC16, Imperial College London.
- 2016: Heriot-Watt University.
- 2015: Royal Society of Chemistry, Coordination Chemistry Meeting, University of Oxford, UK.
- 2015: Frankland Symposium, Imperial College London, UK.
- 2014: Univeristie Paul Sabtier, France.
- 2014: Queen Mary University, UK.
- 2013: University of Bath, UK.